As featured on Cinema 5D
Review by Mark Holtze
Review by WriteFilmEdit
Best ND Filter
Review by Robby Boyd
A Must Have VND
Our SIMMOD LENS 77mm Self-Locking Variable Neutral Density 0.4 to 1.8 Filter is designed to mount onto lenses with 77mm front filter threads and provides an exposure reduction of 1.3 to 6 stops. The 0.4 to 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required.
- WORLDS SHARPEST AND MOST COLOR NEUTRAL ND/ GERMAN SCHOTT GLASS:: From the moment you pick up our Variable ND, you’ll immediately feel the craftsmanship and quality. Our ND maintains a very well controlled and flat transmission all the way throughout the visible spectrum and into IR, delivering the worlds most color neutral results.
- MRC16 OPTICAL COATING: 16 Layer Multi-Resistance Coated to significantly reduce lens flare and ghosting while Reducing Reflection, Water Repellent, Increase Surface Durability, Oil & Dust Resistant. All these fantastic attributes are essential for working effectively outdoors. Our proprietary MRC coating is structurally harder than the glass itself and the reduced reflections improve the efficiency since less light is lost
- Outer Locking Ring: For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is visually demarcated with numbers representing different density values and includes a rotation lever to further enable fast and precise positioning of the front ring. Once the front ring is rotated into a position that corresponds to the desired amount of density, the filter's rear ring can then be turned to lock the front ring into place, helping to ensure consistent exposures.
This filter is constructed from high quality German Schott optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. It is multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting as well as reflections and also features an 86mm front mounting thread which helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
Vignetting will occur if used on super wide angle lenses from 14mm up to 19mm on full frame cameras. This is a natural occurance due to the cuvature of wide angle lenses.
Need a front lens cap? Check out our 86mm Snap On Lens Cap for this filter.
RESOURCES: (filter sizes, lens info)
SIMMOD 77mm Variable Neutral Density 0.4 - 1.8 Filter w/ Case
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.4 to 1.8 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1.3 to 6 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light.
- Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate.
- Multi-coated, optical glass for clarity and color fidelity as well as the prevention of internal ghosting and reflections.
- Side lever allows the filter glass to be easily rotated.
- Integrated exposure locking ring prevents accidental rotation of filter glass and changes to corresponding density values.
- 86mm front mount helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting with wide-angle lenses.
- Beautiful genuine leather case.